Monday, November 10, 2008

Quantum of Rubbish

ngtake has been dead for sometime- it is back thanks to super strong provocation from QoS.

While Craig is a good Bond. Classic Bond lovers who hated the Craig decision had forgiven after a wonderful Casino Royale. I even bought the CR Bond compete set of 21 DVDs. Just as we started liking Bond, QoS happens.

Craig is a good bond, but there is just more to the Bond equity than being Craig. The cold killer, Q's gadgets, the gizmos, the technology, the so called 'use and throw' attitude towards women. I will not get righteous here to say whether those are right or wrong. I will only submit that those add to Bond's equity. These are the core elements that make Bond who he is.

Marc Foster has done the best he can, given the storyline.Craig has done his best. I would blame the Haggis, Purvis, Wade for this.

The Bourne-ish man-in-love-with- a-broken-heart, truly did not cut ice with me.

A finally a lesson from marketing- Your brand equity will stay high, if you have delivered consistently for years. People forgive your mistakes and even reward you. Why do I say this? QoS is not a bond flick. It is not an action movie. It is nothing. But it is topping Box office charts. Getting high (well not so high) ratings on IMDB.

Waiting for the next Bond flick to help erase this one from my head.

No comments: